Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Story Teller, Revisited ...

Re-visited -The Story Teller, 6" x 6" oil, © 2012 Nancy Van Blaricom

Back in November (2012) I posted this painting of The Story Teller.  Although I had shared it with you then later after living with it awhile I thought it needed more work, so, I recently re-visited this painting.

I've worked on the coloring on the face, the eyes and added the hint of an eyebrow (I some how must have missed that the first time) I also worked a little on her mouth. Although you might not have been able to immediately see a difference in this painting I think you will now that I mentioned them to you.

I should have put in some close-up shots so you could see the changes I made better ... next time.
................

On another note: I've recently added a "Search this Blog" gadget to my blog ... you'll find it in the upper right hand corner.

I've always loved it when other artists have this feature on their blogs and I can look for a certain painting or subject I might have seen previously.  For instance when writing this blog post I couldn't remember offhand when I had posted this painting.  I simply went to the "Search this Blog" entered  The Story Teller and the information popped up immediately I could easily place the link from the original posting to this blogpost.

I hope if you've found something in a previous post you would like to see or read again so that you will use this new feature.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy the pose of this story teller. Head back, mouth open, arms up. It reminds me of our trip to Alaska, when we celebrated the 4th of July in Wrangle. The button blankets, painted drums, and cedar hats that were in the museum, were all worn by the Native Americans in the parade.

    ReplyDelete