Wednesday, May 01, 2013

A Class on Mastering Painting Fundamentals

An assignment on Values.

If you've been following my blog for awhile you may remember that I felt it was time I went back to the basics.  A refresher course, so to speak.  Along with my own study and reading up on the basics I also signed up for an on-line class that Elizabeth Floyd was offering awhile back on Mastering Painting Fundamentals.  Elizabeth made the 4 week class such an enjoyable way to refresh the basics.  She has made me realize more than anything that I need to pay attention to my work and take the time to 'see'. A goal of mine is to become more proficient as an artist and this class has reiterated that goal. Make sure and check out all the classes she is offering.

3 comments:

  1. I have been thinking about taking Elizabeth's online color course! I am glad you enjoyed the one you took...It has given me the push I need to sign up for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nancy! It was great having you in the class and so rewarding seeing how you really worked at absorbing the lessons and applying them to your work.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Nancy for introducing me to Elizabeth's work. As i begin to paint more I just may consider this type of class.

    ReplyDelete