Saturday, February 09, 2013

❤ The BEET goes on ....

For February I wanted to paint something red for Valentines Day, but, not necessarily something with hearts or flowers. Hmmm, not ketchup, not a tomato or cherry (not in season) ... ahhh, I know, how about beets.  
                                                             The Beet Goes On, 6" x 6" oil on panel, © 2013 Nancy Van Blaricom


I don't paint a lot of still life's but I loved how pretty my beets looked in the yellow bowl.  After cropping the original photo I put it into Photoshop and pixilated it.  I think it might have made it easier for me to see some colors that might not have been as easy for me to see.  Always experimenting.

I love beets.  I love the way they taste and the way they look.  I   ❤ beets.

I think even Sonny and Cher like beets ... 
  the beet goes on, the beet goes on
Drums keep pounding a rhythm to the brain,
La de da de de, la de da de da





8 comments:

  1. hahaha...you did make me smile this morning. I love beets too...and I love the song. Your painting is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very nice painting. I like the composition.
    I recently made some beetroot/cauliflower soup: amazing color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your still life of beets, Nancy! How clever to tie it in with Sonny and Cher... wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the subtle colours in the beets. They're done well and that gold bowl works beautifully with them.

    I love beets too and want to grow some yellow ones this year. Good painting fodder.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Nancy,

    Ow, I love your beets, great job. Beautiful work.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Ruth. I thoroughly enjoyed painting this one. The colors just begged me to paint them.
    Thanks for dropping by, I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great painting and great post! Made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete