Wednesday, September 22, 2010

What happens when you don't think your paintings through.

A pair of Oystercatchers...

Cropped to see the Oystercatcher on the right. Still not a strong painting.
Cropped to see the Oystercatcher on the left. Still not good.

After doing a few sketches (I posted the sketches earlier) I still didn't catch how boring this composition was. Its just all wrong.

On the other hand, what I do like is the 300 lb. cold press paper I used. It had been such a long time that I had forgotten how nice it is to work on. The surface stays nice and flat while you are working on it. Also it is so easy to do corrections on 300 lb. paper. Also, I like the bright colors.

In one of the artists group I attend occasionally one of the artists said it looked like an illustration. You think after all the illustrations I worked on for the children's book they might have become a habit?

No comments:

Post a Comment