Wednesday, July 06, 2016

:: Summer Reading ::

Hi Everyone,

Are you in the full swing of summer yet?  Got plans for activities that differ from what you do in the winter months?

One thing I've noticed in myself is that I seem to do a lot of reading in the summer. Well, maybe not a lot, but more than I do in the other months.

Sketch of books - N. Van Blaricom
Sketch of stacked books 

Some of the books on my reading list for summer are old familiar books that I've read before:
  • Art & Fear - Bayles & Orland
  • The War of Art - Steven Pressfield
  • Carlson's Guide to Landscape Painting - Carlson
  • The Little Book of Talent - Daniel Coyle
I think those 4 will be nice refreshers.

A few books on my shelves

Then I also have some novels on the list:
  • Regarding Anna - Florence Osmond
  • The Gauguin Connection - Estelle Ryan
  • The Story of Edgar Sawtelle - David Wroblewski
Right now I'm reading: 
  • Eleanor Roosevelt's Fiftieth Anniversary Edition of You Learn by Living 
  • David McCullough's The Greater Journey
I like mixing it up and reading both fiction and non fiction.
Summer reading is the best. Relaxing .. with no pressure.
Some books on my shelves
A few more books ...

Have you all heard of BookBub? I love it and the fact that I can purchase books at discount prices or even free ebooks is delightful. BookBub emails feature content from top-tier authors and publishers as well as from up-and-coming standouts, across the following genres:

  • Bestsellers
  • Mysteries, Thrillers, & Action
  • Romance
  • Other Fiction
  • Fantasy, Science Fiction, & Horror
  • Nonfiction  ... and more
I recently read on one of my online friends blog that she is joining some friends who started a  creative reading group.  Now that sounds like a great book club to me.

I'd love to hear what you have on you summer reading list, please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment