Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Art of a Sketchbook - Friday

Its that time of year again when we start thinking about boating season again.


In the above sketch from a number of years ago we were in a marina and tied 
across the dock from this boat ... too close not to sketch, right?


In the above sketch I decided to map the route we took while on this trip.  I gave up on that idea after a day or so because I ran out of room on these two pages and decided since we were going to be gone for a couple of months I would be taking up too much paper.  Its hard to see the route in this photo because you can see through to the back side of these two pages.  Clicking on the image might help.


This is just a dreaming sketch. I was sketching ways to  improve the  galley on the boat.  
Instead we sold the boat ...

Have a great week-end ... try to squeeze some sketching into your days.
....................................... 

Recently I've been working on a couple of  watercolor commissions and hope to finish with them next week.  Meanwhile I've been reading a lot about the basics such a color theory, composition and drawing.  It is a wonderful refresher course for me and I'm looking forward to putting some of what I've been reading into practice soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment