Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Illustration's, who me?

sketches for a children's book -Nancy Van Blaricom

Although I have not been doing any of the art work I had originally thought my summer would be filled with, mainly water scenes, I have been busy with some new commission's. I have been asked to illustrate a children's book and since I know nothing about illustrating, let alone illustrating for a children's book, this has brought on a lot of research. I've been reading everything I can find that might help me and I think I'm off to a pretty good start. Here is a photograph of a few of the sketches I've put down on some office card stock, just trying to get some idea of what the characters may look like.

Also I have a commission to paint a portrait of an Australian Sheepdog.

I have a full plate don't you think?

4 comments:

  1. That's so cool, Nancy! Illustrating a children's book is a not-so-secret dream of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, busy you will be. Yet, it'll be such a fun to illustrate for children's book! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Angela for your comment on illustrating. I have to admit it is as much fun as you may have imagined.

    Fennymun, thanks for stopping by, always great to hear from you.

    Also, thank you to the rest of you who have written with enthusiastic encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures are cool. I am sure you are going to enjoy it. Being busy is good.

    ReplyDelete