Sunday, May 13, 2007

Major League Baseball

Last night we were privileged enough to attend a major league game between the New York Yankee's and the Seattle Mariners. The Mariners may have lost, but if you've ever attended a Major League ball game, just being there is thrill enough. This is a watercolor sketch of a major league baseball player ... though no particular player at all, just the essence of the game.

Mostly with this watercolor sketch I concentrated on shapes. I wanted to show the action of the player -I wasn't focusing on color... If I were to do it over again, I'd pick some blue-greys along with some warm sienna's.

On another note.... some of you who have subscribed to my blog and hope to receive the updates in an e-mail, are not receiving them. Mostly this is because you have not yet replied to the verification email sent to you by Feedburner to complete the subscription process. Unverified subscriptions are not active subscriptions. Because Feedburner verification emails get sent from this catchy (not) email address: "donotreply@emailenfuego.net", people sometimes miss it or it goes into their spam box. So, please check your spam and junk mail. If by the end of the week you have yet to receive an update I'll e-mail you personally incase you have already deleted this information and we can start over again.

9 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great sketch, you captured the motion just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT A FANTASTIC Painting! What I love about it most is the painterly, watercolor-y way you have ... and the energy of it!! GLORIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an excellent sketch Nancy! Full of energy and movement, it's amazing, I love the spray of coloured dots that really give it that active edge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool sketch...you did this at the game?? Wow, I'm impressed.

    I have several unverified subscribers to my blog too. : (

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cynthis, absolutely not! I did this sketch just before I posted it on the blog. Way too much visiting and too much to see for me to even try to sketch there.

    Thank you renate, lin, cynthia and mrana for your great replys to my blog post... sketching is fun... real painting I start to quiver and freeze up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great sketch...you really captured his action with great brushwork.
    ronell

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is amazing! Great watercolor!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I`ve only been to a major league baseboll game once while visiting California ( we don`t have a lot of them in Sweden :-) but you have captured the movement, the excitement and the energy just as I remember it! It`s an amazing sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This is great! You sure captured the excitement of the game and got the proportions and perspective just right, all with loose, fresh painting.

    ReplyDelete