Friday, September 09, 2016

:: Lazy Autumn Days ::


Fall is definitely in the air here in Sequim.  Leaves are turning color and the warm and sunny days have a crispness to them that only fall can have.  

Maybe its just the changing of the season, but, I find I'm less inclined to hurry on to different projects. Maybe instead lay around and read or maybe take a nap.

One project I managed to accomplish was to hang two pieces of my work in my studio.
I always have to give the act of hanging any of my work a lot of thought. 
So up until yesterday my studio walls were bare.  

Below are the two that I hung.  Both is Floater Frames.



Now I have two small 6" x 6" paintings hanging on my studio wall.  It actually looks nice to have some work on the studio walls and maybe now I'll be more inclined to frame a few paintings and hang them.

Fall is a perfect time to get out and do some plein air painting.  I had ordered a few Signet Bright brushes that arrived in the mail and now I'm packing up a few panels and my tripod and pochade box in anticipation of some autumn plein air painting.

I hope the lovely fall days gets you outside and you can enjoy it before winter arrives.
Happy painting.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Nancy, you are always the voice of wisdom to me! You project a peaceful persona! Thank you for wisdom to slow down!! Life is beautiful, we don't want to rush it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great! Have a lovely plein air session!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Nancy … don't ever tell the universe what plans you have.
    Seems the universe had other plans. I ended up with bursitis in my shoulder ! I'm hoping it only lasts another day or so. Its not quite the fun I was hoping for to say the least.

    ReplyDelete