Thursday, January 17, 2013

#16 - Domestic Fowl

 Sketch - Domestic Fowl, 6" x 6" oil, © 2012 Nancy Van Blaricom

I have really enjoyed today.

This is the first day since I took on the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge that I finally have been honest with myself and said daily painting is not for me.  I find I just cannot capture what I'm trying to when I try to do a painting in one day.  One or two days later I look at the painting and realize it still needs work, a lot of work ... its not a finished painting.  So for the rest of the challenge I will still be painting but I will not be telling myself that it is a finished piece of work.  It will be an oil sketch.

Whew, I feel so much better already.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Nancy, that is a lot 30 paintings in 30 days.
    I might be able to try i painting every 2 days.

    I went back to see what all you have been painting and they all look great.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy. I love Your rooster, and I agree, the 30/30 challenge has been a learning experience for me also. I do not paint well without inspiration and just energy in general. If I try to push through like others say they do, I only end up wiping it off and feeling worse than before. We are all different and have to listen to what our bodies and minds are telling us.

    ReplyDelete