Saturday, July 25, 2009

A Tribute To Vincent Van Gogh

Starry Night-Van Gogh
I received this in my mailbox while I was away. If you haven't seen it yet I think you'll enjoy it as much as I have.

"Starry Night A tribute to Van Gogh . The song was a tribute to Van Gogh. This is so worth sitting and watching....You'll marvel at the song and paintings! I Heard the song many times before, but until I saw this presentation, I was clueless that this song was written for Vincent Van Gogh, as a tribute by Don Mc Lean, in the?seventies.It is rumored that Van Gogh's painting of the 'starry nights' was painted during the time he was in an asylum and that he sold only one painting during his lifetime as he was not recognized. That's perhaps what caused him to fall into an abyss of depression which eventually led to his suicide ......... how tragic to have felt so hopeless and misunderstood in spite of being so gifted! Sit back and be enthralled by the works [paintings] of Vincent Van Gogh. "

No comments:

Post a Comment