Are you in the full swing of summer yet? Got plans for activities that differ from what you do in the winter months?
One thing I've noticed in myself is that I seem to do a lot of reading in the summer. Well, maybe not a lot, but more than I do in the other months.
|Sketch of stacked books|
Some of the books on my reading list for summer are old familiar books that I've read before:
- Art & Fear - Bayles & Orland
- The War of Art - Steven Pressfield
- Carlson's Guide to Landscape Painting - Carlson
- The Little Book of Talent - Daniel Coyle
I think those 4 will be nice refreshers.
- Regarding Anna - Florence Osmond
- The Gauguin Connection - Estelle Ryan
- The Story of Edgar Sawtelle - David Wroblewski
Right now I'm reading:
Have you all heard of BookBub? I love it and the fact that I can purchase books at discount prices or even free ebooks is delightful. BookBub emails feature content from top-tier authors and publishers as well as from up-and-coming standouts, across the following genres:
- Mysteries, Thrillers, & Action
- Other Fiction
- Fantasy, Science Fiction, & Horror
- Nonfiction ... and more
I recently read on one of my online friends blog that she is joining some friends who started a creative reading group. Now that sounds like a great book club to me.
I'd love to hear what you have on you summer reading list, please share.