Monday, March 23, 2015

:: Tumwater Fall Park ::


Nancy Van Blaricom - Tumwater Falls Park
Tumwater Falls Park, 8" x 6" oil on canvas, ©Nancy Van Blaricom
SOLD

Sorry about the glare...
I've had such fun with this painting .... attempting to paint the rapidly moving water and capture the different colors I was seeing.  They all should be this fun.

I'm finding I also enjoy doing some value studies and sketches in my 
sketchbook before I get down to the fun of the oil painting.  
 Value study in oils ...

Sketch in my sketchbook.  


2 comments:

  1. There's a lovely feeling of movement and light in the water. The study and sketches are a prelude to the greatness in the oil painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jeanette. I am finding, more and more, that by doing some preliminary sketches my mind is more in receptive to painting the scene in front of me. I'm enjoying this process. I haven't been taking / writing notes as I sketch but I think thats next to help me also. Thanks again for stopping by and taking the time to comment.

    ReplyDelete