Saturday, January 31, 2015

Annette Bay Sheep

Whew, yes, I've finally finished this larger (for me its larger) painting that I had started around the first of December.  My goal was to finish it by the end of January and today I finished it enough to take a quick photo and post it. That was close ... tomorrow is February.

I still need to varnish it and do a little better job of photographing it, but for now its done and I can get started on a few smaller paintings I've been wanting to attempt.


Annette Bay Sheep © Nancy Van Blaricom
Annette Bay Sheep, 24" x 36", oil on canvas,  © 2015, Nancy Van Blaricom

The reference photo for this painting came from one of our many boating trips to British Columbia.  
We had anchored in this little bay before but I had never noticed any animals, but, this time I noticed in the back of the bay a flock of sheep grazing.  I have always loved that photo and swore I'd one day paint it.   

Below are a few shots of the painting in progress:
Progression shots of Annette Bay Sheep

2 comments:

  1. Such serenity!
    Lovely, lovely painting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Donna. I have really enjoyed working on this one.

    ReplyDelete