Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Art of a Sketchbook - Friday

While looking through my sketchbooks I am amazed at how many times I've used them like a scrapbook ...

 Sketchbook scrapbook pages, © 2013, Nancy Van Blaricom 

On the two pages above I used a glue stick to enter two flier items we picked on a boat outing.  

  Sketchbook scrapbook pages, © 2013, Nancy Van Blaricom 

Probably from the same outing ... some receipts from a couple places we spent the night.


 Sketchbook scrapbook pages, © 2013, Nancy Van Blaricom

 This is a little card that came with a beautiful gift from my friend ... I think if I wouldn't have put it in my sketchbook I would easily have forgotten it.  Below the card I wrote what was in the box ..., apples, candied cherries, mixed nuts, chocolate truffles...

After a few years the memories dim ... by using my sketchbooks as a scrapbook it helps refresh my memory.

What about you, do you use your sketchbooks as a scrapbook too?

2 comments:

  1. I don't use my sketchbooks enough I can see!!! You use yours for note, sketches, colors, values, and memories. so many good ideas for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I like to mix it up a bit, plus having a "designated" scrapbook seems like more work to me. Just one more thing to organize.

    ReplyDelete