Monday, April 16, 2012

Who I am Writing For ...

Recently I signed up for Blog Triage Class with Alyson Stanfield and Cynthia Morris.  I have Alyson's book I'd Rather be in the Studio and also follow her Art Biz Blog. And, although I've been blogging for quite awhile I know my blog needs some positive attention.  Expect some changes!

Lesson #1 asked us to write a blog post describing the type(s) of people I would like to visit and read my blog.

That person is you! My blog readers are someone who is a variety of ages and are interested in seeing my work evolve.  They enjoy my writing and probably live in the northwest or are interested in the northwest landscapes.  They look forward to my blog posts and will interact with me through email or comment on my blog when they want to say something about what they've seen or read.

Also, I'm to write about what I want to get from blogging:  My goal is to write more articulately about my work.  Share how and why I choose to paint what I do.  Also to build a larger audience who like my work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now on to some more exciting news.  After I painted the two shells on the right (in the photo below), I decided to paint some other shells I found on the beach.  A muscle shell and an oyster shell.  All 4 of these shell paintings are small 3.5" x 3.5" x 1/2" and just perfect to set on small easels or hang as a grouping.  One of my collectors saw one of the original blog posts about the shell paintings and contacted me to purchase them.  Isn't the internet wonderful?  Thank you D.B. !  

When I originally painted them I had no thought of ever painting more shell paintings, but now after talking with my collector I think I may keep some of these in stock for people to purchase as a last minute as a low cost gift. A nice small original at an affordable price.  Everyone needs to own original art work don't you think?

Excuse the poor quality of this photo.  I think I'm in the need of a small photo booth.


© 2012, Nancy Van Blaricom ~ 4 Small Shell Paintings~ oil on board3.5" x 3.5" x 1/2"
* SOLD *


7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the sale Nancy! Looking forward to hearing about using what you learned from Alyson. I too have her book and have followed her for years. I love her advice, but I am not very good at following through.Wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your shell paintings and glad they are going to a new home! I look forward to seeing the changes to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could have seen the shells before you sold them.
    Enjoy the workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like them best in a group. Well done (again).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited about learning what you learn about blogging. Love the shells in a quadrant. Very contemporary-looking :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy congratulations on the sale. Like you I have been blogging for a long time and thought I should take Alyson's class. I just may do that. I'll be watching yours with interest.

    ReplyDelete