Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Its been a busy and artistic November ...

Canoes at Rest - Nancy Van Blaricom
I have been busy in the studio this month. Really it started in October with the preparations for the Annual Arts and Flowers week-end. They had a nice turn-out and I so enjoyed visiting with new and old friends. I also met some new vendor's I hadn't seen before ... that's always a treat!
For me it was a successful Halloween Saturday and it wasn't spooky at all. I was happy to not only sell a lot of my note cards, but this original as well.

Also .... I have also started teaching a 6 week watercolor class and we have just completed our third week ... and I think, speaking for all involved, they have been successful classes. I've taught one workshop prior to this, but a workshop is different than on going classes and I was a little timid. But, I shouldn't have been. My students are eagar to learn and have made my teaching easy. I had heard that teaching is a great way to learn and I will agree ... not only learn some new things but it has been a wonderful refresher coarse.
I am still working toward the annual Holiday House Bazaar, the Saturday after Thanksgiving, here on Harstine Island. I have some new display panels I'm anxious to use to exhibit my work. I've used a bi fold pegboard to display my work for the last number of years, but, I think these new panels will showcase the richness of my work much better. I will have some new note cards of my bird series and I'm hoping to have a new painting done that I will use for my annual Christmas card on display ... I'm running late on this project!
Busy, busy, busy!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your class! Good luck with your bazaar - hope you do well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy, seems like you have a fruitful month! Glad to know that you are enjoying teaching. Afterall, you are teaching something we have passions in! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH!!! I am so glad that teaching has been a good experience. I am giving a demo in December. I hope I do as well as you have!

    ReplyDelete