Thursday, October 22, 2009

Autumn leaves are all around ...

I'm finding it hard to believe that Autumn is in full swing and that we only have about 9 days left of October. This year seems particularly beautiful with more gold and yellow leaves with some occasional red hues thrown in. We are also enjoying the mild temps we've been having ... this makes walking in amongst the leaves a lot more enjoyable.


During the first week-end of October, Harstine Island has an Apple Squeeze celebrating the season with fresh cider, numerous crafters and a country band. This also marks the last of the Farmers Markets for the year and although I didn't participate in any of the earlier Farmers Markets I did take advantage of this event and set-up my tent this week-end. It was beautiful out and there were a lot of folks enjoying the days events. Along with my note cards, I had taken and displayed a few of my newer works and was so pleased when someone bought my "Jarrell's Cove Store" painting.

Lately I've been asked if would consider teaching some watercolor classes and I've heard from so many artists that this is a great way not only to share your knowledge with others, but to grow as an artist also. Sooooo, I'm in the process of deciding what all I need to do to get ready for this latest adventure. Please, I accept all suggestions ....

Where I'll be:

  • On October 31 from 10-3, I will be at 'Arts and Flowers' here on the island for their annual open house. I'll have a few new things as well as my cards to show. Drop by if you are in the area.....
  • Also, on November 28th from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. I will once again be at the annual Holiday House Bazaar here on Harstine Island. This is a huge event that everyone looks forward to....

Hope to see you soon .........

This constant, unproductive preoccupation with all the things we have to do is the single largest consumer of time and energy. ~~~ Kerry Gleeson

No comments:

Post a Comment