Thursday, November 13, 2008

Catching up on a few things

Karin Jurick's challenge 9
I'm too late to post this one on Karin Jurick's "Different Strokes blog, but I am trying to catch up and paint the ones I've missed anyway - just to give them a try. I find I tend to get bogged down with the detail of some of the photo's she uses, so trying to simplify is a challenge for me. A good challenge none the less.

Also, Nancy Van Blaricom - NewsletterI recently sent out my first newsletter. I thought I might send my newsletters out via snail mail but with the price of stamps I now think e-mail is the best way. This is a photo of my newsletter I printed out. I have notes all over so I won't forget how I did certain things I felt worked.

4 comments:

  1. I think you did a great job of simplifying. And I like the look of the black ink - gives it a look of an illustration. I like to try that sometimes too.

    Have you tried the Speedball Elegant Writer Marker? Its made for calligraphy, and says its permanent, but I saw a painting in one of the art magazines where the artist used one of these to do a 'contour' drawing and then added some water on top and it bled in an interesting fashion. I have one to try, but haven't had time yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh--I love this! So loose and lovely! What a great job you did on this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABULOUS, Nancy!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the looseness of this -- yet with all the details!!!!! CONGRATS on the newsletter!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Nancy ... I don't often use a pen, but I love seeing others work using watercolor and pen.

    Thank you Suzanne and Lin.

    ReplyDelete