Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Ahhh, en Plein Air

This is my Plein Air set up, overlooking beautiful Hood Canal

Lately, I haven't had a lot of motivation where my art work is concerned. I felt stagnate and could tell I had lost that once exciting feeling I use to have with my work. THEN........ I heard about a group of Plein Air artists that meet every two weeks. I've always wanted to join a group of Plein Air artist, but never had the opportunity. Then I met the person who started this group when we were both entering our work at the Arts Association Annual Spring Show, and I begged to join in on the fun.
I'm the artist on the bottom left hand corner.
I neglected to ask permission to post their names and photo's so you only see the backs of this great group. (I'll ask next time.) I'm told the group varies from 2 to 8 artists on different outings. This particular outing there were 4 of us.
The group met Tuesday morning on beautiful Hood Canal. About a 45 minute drive from my house. The weather was pretty nice with a few occasional clouds that would hang over us and chill us, then the sun would come out again and all would be fine.
So, this new group has given me the boost and motivation I've needed. I'm not much of a landscape painter, but hopefully I'll become better if I continue on more outings with the group.

5 comments:

  1. I had a friend who did the same and it has been a huge blessing for her and a wonderful new direction in her work. Looks like a great group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a lovely place to set up and the work in progress looks great. There are such groups around where I live too and I really must connect with them and start getting outdoors to paint...or just getting out there instead of waiting to find others. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would paint plein air more often in a group setting too. I took a landscape painting class in Maine and the class would meet at various parts of the state and paint for 8 hours a stretch. I got so much work done during this 4 week class. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you've been re-inspired and look foward to seeing more beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should maybe do what you did...I too feel like I've lost some excitement and motivation, I'm very stagnant at the moment..thanks for sharing
    Ronell

    ReplyDelete