Thursday, January 18, 2007
Friday, January 12, 2007
Sunday, January 07, 2007
No, the question is not, "why would anyone even show a sketch like this?" The question is "Why do the photo's I take of my work turn out, most of the time, better than a scan of the work?" When I scanned this sketch, I couldn't even see the light washes of color, yet when I photographed them the washes were there.
I did this watercolor sketch yesterday on the back of a piece of of paper that was on it's way to the waste basket. It was something I didn't give much thought to as I made it up as I went ... Next time I'll think more about the road, the silo, the sky, and the composition.
Thursday, January 04, 2007
Another goal I'm hoping to accomplish is to journal more.
This is a painting that was inspired by a trip into B.C. this last summer. I never tired of seeing the water sparkle on the water.
This painting is titled simply: Sparkle on the Water
Size: 12" x 12" square.
The painting in real life seems a little darker than is depicted here.
To be placed up for auction on e-bay soon. SOLD
Wednesday, January 03, 2007
Some short term goals dealing with my web-site:
- Possibly post some photos of me on my "about me" page. A suggestion I've heard over and over again since the launching of my site in October of 2006.
- Re-organize the painting photos ... maybe making them easier to view? haven't thought this one through as of yet.
- Add some giclee's for sale.
- Add a page telling about my greeting cards.
- Add a Pay-pal purchasing option.
- There are other things... but for now you can tell the web site will be getting some of my attention in the near future.
Another short-term goal is:
- CLEAN AND KEEP CLEAN.... (notice the bold way I say this) my studio. My studio is really one half of a large room. I find the size pretty adequate if I'd just quit setting things down and not putting them away. Maybe in sharing these photo's with you of my studio I'll be more likely to follow through with this goal.
The first photo is a portion of my desk where I am able to do computer "stuff". Stacks of papers, cords etc. that need to find a home and get organized. The next photo is of more of that same desk area where there is way too much stuff with out a specific place to stay. Woe is me.
This photo (below) is where the fun really happens... all the brushes; pigments and water are kept in this area.
You also start to see where the framing takes place. I have a mat cutter (under the pile) on this bench, with storage under the lid that holds items used seldom.
There....... see what I'm talking about? under the "priority" box that lid lifts up. Below that sitting on the floor in a basket is sketch books, bins of odd art supply's that I don't use with my watercolor projects. (I didn't really mean "odd"). Small toolbox with framing supplies... larger box of mailing/packing things.
And last but certainly not least ....... my reference material.......... yummy books.
I guess with out divulging more of my artist goals I'll save them for another post and start cleaning and organizing now so that I may cross that goal off the 2007 Goal List.
Happy New Year all. May your year be as bright and full of anticipated joy as mine is.